Bath towels aren’t our only option after a shower or bath. This other alternative is called a bath sheet. But what is a bath sheet? Hearing phrases such as oversized bath sheets, luxury bath sheets, bath sheet sets etc. here and there, make it seem like a big deal.
Well, you don’t worry about it anymore. As in this article, we’re going to talk about what is a bath sheet used for, what is bath sheet size, what are its differences with bath towels and beach towels.
What Is a Bath Sheet?
When shopping for bath linens, you may have seen that you can choose a standard bath towel or a bath sheet. We consider standard bath towels are basic bath linens. However, a bath sheet can provide you with a more pleasant experience, since they are bigger.
If you’re looking for a more absorbent towel with a noticeable larger size and coverage, oversized bath sheets are probably the best choice for you.
Bath Sheet vs. Bath Towel
After answering what is a bath sheet, let’s see what the main differences in bath sheet vs bath towel are. When it comes to bath sheet vs bath towel, the important difference is the bath sheet size compared to basic bath towels. However, you’re going to need more time to dry bath sheets and bigger storage area compared to standard bath towels.
But what is the bath sheet size that makes it so special? That’s an excellent question. In the matter of size, the difference between the bath towel size and the bath sheet dimensions is really noticeable.
The size of a standard bath towel is 27 x 52 inches, while bath sheet size is normally bout 35 x 60 inches. Since the bath sheet size offers more surface for drying yourself after a nice shower or a relaxing bath, they can do a better and more efficient job than bath towels.
This takes us to the next main difference in bath sheet vs bath towel. Because of the larger size, bath sheet sets cost more than bath towels. Needless to say that the price can even go higher for luxury bath sheets or oversized bath sheets. So the may not be the best option for all apartment dwellers.
Bath Sheet vs. Beach Towel
Looks like big numbers on bath sheet size is all that these sheets can offer. So can you use the beach tower that you already have and skip the next bath sheet sale? Well, we wouldn’t recommend that.
Yes, beach towels are larger than bath sheets. But let’s not forget that they are designed so that you can lie down on the beach without touching the sand. But we shouldn’t ignore the fact that most beach towels have much less material. This has several reasons:
- On the beach, you don’t need a towel for drying yourself after swimming, thanks to the hot sun.
- Also, beach towels are strong and thin, making them easy to use as well as perfect for brushing sand off your body.
- The other reason is convenience. You can easily fit a thin beach towel inside your beach bag, especially considering its large size
All these reasons make a beach towel less absorbent than a bath sheet. So it’s better to use them for what they are intended for: sunny days outdoors.
Bath Sheet Benefits
Bath sheet size is not the only benefit of this product. In addition to the size difference in bath sheet vs bath towel, there are other features that you should note when seeing a bath sheet sale or while shopping for bath linens, both regular and luxury.
A lot of people who rent an apartment can benefit from a bath sheet. But they go with bath towels because they have lower prices. If you’re trying to do the same, but think you could enjoy having one of those oversized bath sheets, we suggest buying one bath sheet to test. Worst come to worst, you go back to using good old bath towels.
Bath sheet sets have some distinct benefits compares bath towels, here are some of them:
- When it comes to bath sheet vs bath towel as well as bath sheet vs beach towel, remember that bath sheets are much more absorbent than both of them.
- Because of the larger bath sheet size, bath sheets are our best choice for complete body coverage.
- Oversized bath sheets can also serve as large, luxurious beach towels when you are at the beach or pool. Some people even wear it around their waists after drying and relax in it for a while.
- Without a doubt, a bath sheet can offer a more luxurious experience. You are worth it, so treat yourself the way that you know you deserve.
Above all, normal or luxury bath sheets are a great alternative if you find yourself reaching for more than one towel after taking a shower. Bath sheet size and absorption makes it the perfect solution for most people. Not only an extra-large bath works better for drying the body, but also reduces your laundry load, saves time, energy, water, and money.
Are Oversized Bath Sheets My Best Choice?
If you’re shopping for new bath linens, you need to answer two questions to realize which one is the best choice for you:
- Is one towel enough to comfortably dry yourself after a bath or shower? If yes, the bath sheet size probably won’t matter to you, and you can do just fine with a bath towel. If the answer is no, and you’re always grabbing two towels to dry yourself after taking a shower, or it’s difficult for you to get dry with just one bath towel, we recommend finding the best bath sheet that you can so you can dry yourself with a single bath sheet.
- Do you like to wrap a towel around your waist after showering? If that’s true, and your bath towel is often a tight fit, then oversized bath sheets are definitely much more comfortable for you to lounge around in.